Thursday, January 13, 2011

My quest to buy grass-fed beef!

The most inspirational thing I took away from the film Food, Inc. was, "We can vote, three times a day." We choose products every time we go the grocery store and it is basic supply and demand.  If Organic, antibiotic free, grass-fed products are demanded; farmers will respond. 

My goal is to sometime in the next month or so, buy a whole or half of a grass-fed cow.  I feel like by spending a few extra dollars per month, I will be giving my family a healthier future.  I do not want Logan to grow up eating meats that have been tainted with antibiotics and raised in a feed lot.  Cows were supposed to be grazing the fields and eating...GRASS! 

There are some local options in Fallbrook and some even here in Temecula.  There is also a farm called Open Space Meats and they serve all of the local Sprouts markets. 

I encourage everyone to do a little research and learn about the foods we eat everyday, you might be suprised!!

Check back soon to see how everything goes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment